The SDI Rescue Diver Course is designed to develop your knowledge and necessary skills to effectively perform diver rescues and assist, and administer necessary first aid. You will learn skills such as how to perform self rescues, buddy rescues, recognize and calm potential panic divers, administer proper first aid to divers that have experienced dive related injuries, conduct effective search patterns and manage accident scenes. After the SDI Rescue Diver Course you can enroll in the SDI Master Scuba Diver Development Program or start in the professional ranks and sign up for the SDI Divemaster Course.
- Self Reliant Diver
- Stress leading to emergencies
- Causes of Diving Accidents
- Responding to Emergencies on the Surface
- Responding to Emergencies Underwater
- Dive Accident Management
- Lost Diver Search & Recovery
- Hyperbaric Chambers and Therapy
- Removing Diver from Danger
- Equipment Malfunction
- Rescue Equipment
- Equipment Configurations & Stream-lining
- And much more!
- As many as it takes!
- Open Water sessions will be a series of emergency scenarios
- Includes course fees
- Includes Rescue Diver Books
Does not include rescue slates
- Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent
- Provide proof of current CPR, first aid and oxygen (O2) provider (where local law permits) certification* (We provide this course at the same time if you need it)
- Provide proof of SDI Advanced Diver certification, or equivalent, or open water diver certification and 40
- Logged open water dives
What makes ours different?
- Teaching self reliance
- We offer more than just four rescue scenarios, which some agencies call adequate.
- We teach you to use the materials at HAND. When you’re out in the ocean or on the beach, there isn’t a backboard, or other high tech equipment, there isn’t an expert on hand at the end of a cell phone, you need you know how to act appropriotely now.
- Just ask those who’ve been in it!
- Don’t forget that SDI is just a branch of ERDI, Emergency Response Diving International, the only FEMA approved rescue diving agency.